Wednesday, October 9, 2013

2011 --> 2013 Progress Picture & background

This was written July 9th 2013:


All my transformation pictures have been from the previous 6-8 months. Here's a picture of me at my heaviest. I was pushing 190 & I'm only 5'6. All bad. This is hard & embarrassing for me to post & share. This was @ the end of 2011. I was not a happy person during this time & spent most of my week drinking & binge eating & not taking care of my body, clearly. I carry most of my weight on my upper body & had constant back pain, no wonder. I now have ZERO back pain. Moving to Arizona to go to ASU was the best decision of my life. I lived in the dorm for a year which wasn't great on my body either but I was in the gym a couple days a week. Then my uncle whom I'm extremely close with got diagnosed with a rare & deadly cancer & I just lost it. I was all alone out here in AZ & went back to the alcohol & food. A friend of mine I met through school asked me if I wanted to start lifting at independence gym & ever since getting a membership there my life has changed. I started taking everything inside me out in the gym. I started losing weight minimally & it wasn't until I started with my coach/trainer now that I've seen such results. Everyone is different & for me I have to be 150% with my diet & exercise. Consistency & patience is key. I was in a dark place for a very long time & now I can finally say that I'm the happiest I have ever been with life; not only physically but mentally & emotionally too. I have learned so much through this journey & I plan on never looking back & letting myself get to an overwhelming amount of weight again. I used to look at other fit girls & think why not me? Why can't I look like that ? I wished I could look like them. Well now I don't want to look like someone else, I want to look like the best version of me. I don't think my coach really realizes that she's changed my life & i am forever grateful for her support & the continued support from my true #fitfam. I'm far from where I want to be but I'm getting better & closer everyday & most importantly I'm getting further & further away from what I used to be. Not sure if anyone will actually read all this junk & that's okay. I'm glad I wrote this all out anyway so I can remind myself of what I've been through & the struggles I've had with my body. I'd like to thank all the people who have stuck by my side & have encouraged me to continue down this path, y'all know who you are. & to the haters & people who continued to put me down for not being the "old me" I see you for what you truly are & I want nothing to do with you. I the real people & I can you fake fucks. But thank you haters for telling me that I could never look better, you truly have made me a beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment