Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Cardio Loving !

Ah sweet sweet cardio ! First, I'd like to say if someone says they genuinely enjoy cardio they are LYING. No one can enjoy walking on something stationary for X amount of minutes. I mean really, who wants to climb up stairs or walk on a treadmill with no set destination? Besides the destination of becoming a champion (;   
Granted, i do have days of the week when I'm SUPER into cardio and time goes by quickly but then there are days where I just don't want to do it. But, you have to do it. Currently I do an hour and 15 minutes of cardio every day. I normally split it up 45 in the afternoon then 30 at night after I lift. Some days I feel fantastic and have a great mood going so I'll do extra. Extra cardio can never hurt.
The type of cardio that I do is the treadmill at a 15% incline at a speed of 3.2-4.0, if I'm feeling good I'll throw in some intervals every 5 minutes I'll sprint for a minute, I try my very best to do this as often as possible. You have to push your body beyond it's limits. Your body is fully capable of doing it, it's your mind telling you that you're tired, hungry, and over it but you have to feed out those negative thoughts and think to yourself "no I LOVE this shit, this is my FAVORITE thing to do and i'm going to KILL it" I try to tell myself this every time before I start my cardio, it actually REALLY helps me.
The second type of cardio machine I'll use is the good ole stair master. I'll start the stair master at level 6 to get warmed up and work up to level 10-12 and try to keep it sustained.
I know that my cardio is going to increase as I get closer to the show so I already starting prepping myself for doing 45 in the AM and 45 in the PM. It's possible and it's a great thing to do in between meals cause guess what? You don't have anything else better to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment