Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Drilling Posing

Ah posing. Posing is difficult. It’s like "stand here in this awkward ass position and act like you’re not in pain and that it is not uncomfortable". I pose with my coach every weekend for about an hour and I’m always sore the next day. Which is normal but sucks. Posing pictures will be posted every week with the week before pictures. It is starting to get easier with each week as I get leaner. But, it is apart of the process and I’m practicing in my mirror all the time to get the feeling of how my body should look and feel because when you’re on stage there are no mirrors to correct yourself. You have to be able to feel where your body is at and be able to manipulate your body to look the best with the designated pose. There are six different poses that we run through on stage. The first being the front pose, quarter turn to the right (side pose), quarter turn again and hit your back pose (winning pose), quarter turn again and hit the other side pose, quarter turn and hit your front pose again. Then they ask for modified pose to each side. Once the pictures are posted it’ll make a lot more sense. I'm working my hardest on getting my posing down. I know I'm going to be nervous being on that stage in front of people, and I fear that my body might not respond the way I want it to due to nerves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment