Wednesday, October 23, 2013

DLB

One of the many people that I look up to in this lifestyle is Dana Linn Bailey. She is so inspiring and so motivating it is insane. Her husband rob bailey, also comes out with music that pumps me up. I swear every song I listen to speaks to me. Sometimes I get the chills listening to his music. Anyway, he posted a picture tonight of a negative comment, which is inevitable, about DLB looking “like a man”. I don’t think people who don’t live this lifestyle understand how much work it takes to get to her level. I know that this past prep has made me realize how hard it is to even change your body at all. You have to be patient, strong, disciplined, determined, motivated and most of all you have to be willing to make sacrifices. But, in the end you have to think to yourself, is it worth it? If you think it’s not, then you’re not fully committed to seeing a change. Now I’m sitting here asking myself, is all this hard work, sacrifice, dedication and discipline going to be worth it in the end? Absolutely it is. This journey is teaching me a lot more than just changing my body. It’s changing my state of mind. Patience is something that I’ve never really had and something that has always been hard for me to conquer. I can now say I feel most at ease with life and that I’m truly becoming a patient person. Of course, at times I do snap but that’s just because I’m carb depleted (;. We all have those days where we want to give up and just throw in the towel, it’s inevitable. But, these are breakthroughs and that’s the time where you have to look at yourself in the mirror and think “is this what I truly want?” and if the answer is YES then you need to adjust the attitude and get back into the game. This is all a mind-set. Like I’ve quoted before, the body achieves what the mind believes. Nothing is more powerful than believing in yourself, and having faith. In order to be successful and strong in this life you have to believe in yourself. You have to be willing to sacrifice and do whatever it takes to get to the level you want. This can be inflicted upon all parts of life, not just fitness. Breakthroughs in my eyes are good, and happen for a reason. It’s a great opportunity to speak to yourself and remind yourself just why you’re committed to changing. These breakthroughs also help remind you how far you’ve already come, and that it’s not worth it to settle and give up. Throwing in the towel is never an option in life. If you want success you have to work for it. You have to want it more than the people who say they want it to. Actions speak louder than words, and actions are obviously apparent and visual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment