Wednesday, October 9, 2013

More in depth look as to why I’m doing this show

First of all, I told myself in April of this year that I was going to compete in a figure show. I told myself that I wasn't going to give up on a dream of mine and I told myself that I was going to do this regardless of what anyone might say or think about it. When I set my mind on a goal I have to complete it, because if I don't complete the goal then that means I failed myself. I cannot fail myself. This show means so much more to me than just looking a certain way. This show prep has taught me so much more than I could have even imagined possible. This show has taught me to be patient and consistent with all aspects in life. Another reason as to why this show is so important to me is because my family has no idea that I’m doing it. This show is a surprise for them to show them how hard I could work and how much determination and drive I have to be able to succeed in this type of sport. Another factor contributing to the importance of the show is the actual date of it. I compete November 15th and 16th. My birthday happens to be November 10th (yay I’ll be 5 days out loving life I’m sure!) My dad Toms birthday happens to be the 16th of November. So, when I told myself I was going to do this show in April I told my parents that I wanted them to fly out the weekend of the show to celebrate Toms birthday and my own, on top of a SURPRISE for them. I pray and think about them being proud of me all the time. I would be absolutely devastated if they were not proud of my transformation, sacrifice and hard work that I've put into this the last 6 months. I know it’s silly and stupid of me to think that they wouldn't be proud but sometimes I can’t help but think that they might not be proud and might think that what I've done is stupid and pointless. But to me, lasting through this prep and giving it my all is all I can do and the rest is up to the big man upstairs. They have no idea what I really look like right now and the last time that they've seen me in person was July and I was weighing at about 145 pounds then. I pray I can make my parents proud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment